The RaspBoy (Part 9) – Case closed (almost)

First of all:

Here are the updated schematics of the Raspboy:

I tried to get rid of the noise caused by the Amplifier with a self-made shield:

No, that´s not a condom…..

Another epic fail – the noise was´nt very impressed of the shield. So I installed the old Amplifier again – Better crappy sount than no sound – or noise on the LCD.

I almost closed the Raspboy-Casing by gluing the screw-mounting (which I cut off another GameBoy case) into the Raspboy. It worked perfectly.

Too bad this method worked only with 3 of the 6 screws, so there is a little gap on one of the corners of the RaspBoy case…

Advertisements

13 Comments

  1. Hi, I’m using Retropie 2.3
    And i’m using 5v to power the LCD.
    From Top Down, I soldered the 5v on the first capacitor. Later i can send you a picture. On the other side of the board you have the 5v pin (its were you soldered) I don’t believe that’s the problem.
    Anyway later I will re-solder the wire from the capacitor to that 5v pin.
    I have modified some configs of the config.txt but i also don’t believe that’s the problem also…

    Thanks

  2. Great! It worked!

    Other topic, since I had to remove the ethernet port, I used a “usb to ethernet adapter” and it works perfectly. Anytime I need to make any adjustment, I just need to plug the adapter and connect via putty or ftp =)

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s